July 14, 2019
March 9, 2019
- MISC: undocumented things
- MISC: change archive.is to archive.vn (reason)
December 14, 2018
- FEATURE: Tor Hidden Service (see about page)
- FEATURE: BitMessage contact address (see about page)
December 9, 2018
- FEATURE: added Members/Guests Online graphs
- FIX: bug fixes
December 2, 2018
- FEATURE: Updated code for XenForo 2.0
November 17, 2018
- FEATURE: Added link to new twitter bot
November 7, 2018
- FIX: Implemented anti-anti-bot detection
October 24, 2018
- FIX: edge-case post was causing scanner failures in OT Community board section
- MISC: added contact email address to about page, please report bugs
September 18, 2018
- MISC: hosting provider under DDoS attacks from known opposition. Get the official PGP key from the about page to verify off-site announcements during contingency situations.
September 16, 2018
- FEATURE: added "False Equivalence" trace to reason graph
September 10, 2018
- FIX: handle edge case for sticky threads, offtopic hasn't been properly scanned in about a week, backfilling data in progress. The user activity graph will be inaccurately low, the data can not be "fixed", unfortunately.
September 02, 2018
- FIX: updated scanner code to handle new board layout
- FIX: reverted the new board layout due to decision to revert by ResetEra LLC
- MISC: lots of undocumented backend stuff
August 26, 2018
- FIX: handle users who don't have a username slug
August 25, 2018
- MISC: optimized and cleaned up scanner code
August 24, 2018
- FEATURE: Unique User Activity graph, tracks unique posters over periods of time. Graph will appear broken until more data points are generated.
- MISC: tons of database work, refactoring, master-slave to increase scanner performance
- FIX: fixed main forum stats track, broke it on the 22th while doing database stuff
August 17, 2018
- FIX: transphobia reason graph data is fixed, it was incorrectly tracking "inflammatory"
August 14, 2018
- FEATURE: Roboto font, should fix ugly Windows font (install Linux)
- MISC: Rebooted server for Linux kernel update
August 3, 2018
- FEATURE: RSS 2.0 and Atom feeds
- MISC: cleaned up the about page a bit
August 2, 2018
- FEATURE: search, plus a user history button on actioned posts
July 31, 2018
- FEATURE: top 15 sent/recv uset network graphs
- FEATURE: all posts list (because fuck search)
- FEATURE: surface top 10 to vis network graphs
- FEATURE: surface node posts on vis network graphs
- FEATURE: surface physics options for vis network graphs
- FIX: The ongoing scan was missing replies generated by actioned users, fixed, running backfill job to generate missing data
- MISC: changed default vis graph edge type to
cubic bezier diagonal cross
- MISC: reduced mass of nodes
- MISC: server memory upgraded, thanks Null!
July 26, 2018
- FEATURE: Actioned-Post Reply Network Graph (linked on the graph page)
- MISC: probably some other stuff im forgetting
July 24, 2018
- FEATURE: ban length graph
- MISC: CSS and SEO optimizations
July 22, 2018
The migration from the static site (Hugo) to the new dynamic site (Golang) is complete. Now onto polish and new features.
- FEATURE: ported graphs to new site
- FEATURE: ported VIP/Staff/Verified to new site
- MISC: Updated Plot.ly
- MISC: Optimizations
July 21, 2018
- FEATURE: Ported over Red Text and Locked Threads to new site
- FEATURE: Red Text posts are now first-class posts, sorted and voted along with warnings/bans
- FIX: Fixed the forum stats graphs
- FIX: Fixed displaying top instead of hot in hot sorted pages
- MISC: Internal caching optimization
July 20, 2018
- FEATURE: Surfaced the dynamic site
- FEATURE: Added board data to posts
- FEATURE: Filter by topic or specific board
- FEATURE: Vote on bans and sort by new, highest voted or score (votes+recent)
- FEATURE: Red Text for Bans
- MISC: Moved over homepage, changelog, about to dynamic site
- MISC: backend optimizations
July 17, 2018
Update of some small/invisible changes made over the past few days.
- FEATURE: Tracking forum stats (total posts, threads, members)
- MISC: Added some new VIPs
- MISC: Added link to hosting provider in footer
- MISC: Tons of backend stuff
- Moved DB to webserver in preparation for dynamic site implementation
- Encrypted remote off-site backup
- Scraper and DB separated, using X.509 certificates for encryption and authentication
- Basic Voting and Top-Voted Listing working in dynamic site (not public, yet)
July 13, 2018
I’ve begun work on dynamic implementation of this website. This will take some time. Features will be slowing down as this work happens. The goal is enable user (initially IP-based) voting on bans, like Digg dot com.
- FEATURE: Added “Whataboutism” to reason graph.
- FEATURE: Added “Misrepresenting” to reason graph.
- ANTI-FEATURE: Removed “Hivemind” from reason graph. (statistically insignificant)
July 12, 2018
- MISC: Pushed last update to old mirrors, they will remain inactive until there is a need for them again.
July 12, 2018
- MISC: Increased throughput by separating scanning/archiving/deploying
July 12, 2018
- FEATURE: Added “Actions Against User” Graph
July 11, 2018
Moved to KiwiFarms as our new primary host. Big thanks to Null. Everyone should update their bookmarks and spread the word. Not only does this protect us from takedowns (that lack serious legal basis), it enables us to create a dynamic site with features like voting. All non-Kiwi mirrors may be deprecated, and should be considered legacy.
July 10, 2018
- FEATURE: Mirror to Netlify (unlike Neocities, Netlify will not be delayed)
- MISC: Change how mirrors are listed in the header
July 9, 2018
- FEATURE: Mod Actions per Thread Graph
July 8, 2018
- FEATURE: Locked Threads
- FEATURE: Hive Mind, Disingenuous and Dismissive added to reason graph
- MISC: Recording threads, including if they’re locked or not (not surfaced yet)
July 7, 2018
The bot has nearly cleared out the archive backlog, archive.is done and churning through archive.org now
- FEATURE: Surfaced VIP link in the header
- FEATURE: Added Verified/Staff/VIP/Graphs to self-archive
- FEATURE: Added override URL function, contact me if you want something that was missed manually scanned.
- BUGFIX: Improved Red Text detection
- MISC: Staff/Verified/VIP header links go to the /list page to avoid loading everything by default
- MISC: Added some notes to the graph page
July 7, 2018
- FEATURE: Split the Banned/Warned graph into different traces.
- MISC: Dropped posts gathered pre-filter from GiftBot in Verified
- MISC: Made user lists alphabetical, posts date descending.
July 6, 2018
ReeEra has received it’s first ever BTC donation! Your contribution will help pay for server costs. Reminder that ReeEra is a labor of love.
- FEATURE: Ban/Warning Reason graph! Note that the same ban/warning can appear in multiple categories.
- MISC: Moved to a per-user style of pages for Staff/VIP/Verified
- MISC: Neocities resumes updating
July 6, 2018
Breakdowns of Bans vs. Warnings, and keywords contained (bad-faith, advocating violence, trolling) within coming soon!
- MISC: Increased time-range during scanning
- MISC: Clarified that the current graph is Bans+Warnings, not just bans
- NOTE: I’m aware neocities isn’t updating, I’ve hit the file limit and need to reduce my total count as per my previous update.
July 6, 2018
VIP feature is running, but I haven’t surfaced it yet until it’s refined. Due to the total number of posts I will likely need to start generating single large posts per VIP/Moderator/Verified user instead of individual pages with a list.
- NEW FEATURE: Graphs (more to come)
July 5, 2018
- BUGFIX: More robust red text parsing, backfilled data.
- MISC: Filter GiftBot (creating Red Text noise)
- MISC: Hugo/Theme stuff
July 5, 2018
New features due to overwhelming demand, thanks for all the support.
- NEW FEATURE: Red Text Posts
- NEW FEATURE: Staff Posts
- NEW FEATURE: Verified User Posts
- COMING SOON: “VIP” User Posts
- COMING SOON: General Stats Page
- MISC: Added support for alternative post date display style (I have no clue)
- MISC: Regenerated all post dates (not publish dates) in preparation for graphs and other analytics
- MISC: Added support for user Rank and “Badge” (not displayed, yet?)
July 4, 2018
- Received trademark takedown notice, ResetEra LLC takes ownership of the ResetEra GitHub account
- Changed to non-infringing GitHub username
- Added disclaimers and made it more obviously unofficial
- Removed displays of my Jewish heritage from the site as per ResetEra’s complaints.
- Created backup neocities site, added link to header
- Created backup pastebin “re-grouping” site to about
- Added public PGP key to about so operator can be verified off-site
- IPFS in the works
June 26, 2018
- More exception handling for archiving functions, was causing updates to fail.
May 24, 2018
- Front page now shows 30 instead of 15 items
- Gracefully fail if we can’t archive (usually TOR related), just post it without an archive.is link. This should reduce gaps in automatic updates.
- Increased the scraping speed slightly
May 22, 2018
- Added thread titles
- Added post contents
- Updated Hugo theme
- Removed Google-hosted font
May 10, 2018
- Added archive.org support due to ResetEra (intentionally?) breaking archive.is functionality
May 9, 2018
- Updated HTML parsing to match new ResetEra theme
May 6, 2018
- Fixed up bugginess involved in the scraper migration
- Use TOR to submit to archive.is (archive doesn’t like my new IP?)
- Added retry support to archive.is submission
May 5, 2018
- Migrating scraper to a more permanent location, expect some bugginess
- Removed post date since I can’t guarentee the date (for now)
April 29, 2018
- Added unicode support to the DB
- Removed a potential SQL injection exploit
- Generate post date (lie) when data-time is missing from posts (why XenoForo???)
- More exception handling (better single page thread handling)
- Performance improvements
Gource [July 7]
- Filter out buy/sell threads from Red Text detection
- Surface and archive threads with lots of bans (generate heatmap in plotly?)
- Merge all post tables into one, add type flags (enabling both redtext+reason fields on all posts, reducing data duplication)
- Graph ban length
- Improve site CSS theme