ReasonUser Banned (1 Week): Dismissing issues around transphobia and other bigotry
It's stand-up comedy. Through that lens, Dave put together a decent special but definitely nowhere near as good as his last 2 specials.
I think the debate around the appropriate-ness of the jokes he's making is not the right lens to see A stand-up comedy set.
In terms of my review, this was a 6/10. Feel like he's too hung up on cancel culture etc.... Doesn't feel inspired. Dave is capable of more refreshing comedy.
EtcetEraThreadAziz Ansari returns with a new Netflix comedy special July 9th
ReasonUser Banned (1 Month): Conspiratorial rhetoric surronding allegations of misconduct; dismissing concerns surrounding the nature of consent
What other kind of response did you want?
I mean...he could've lost his entire career because of a hackjob from Babe.net and had intimate details of his sex life leaked to the public without his consent.
If you look at the chronology of the events:
- Aziz + Girl have a date --> Girl felt uncomfortable during the date & seemingly Aziz was unaware but backed off after she gave explicit verbal cues about wanting to leave
- Girl texts Aziz and he apologies the next day
- 1.5 years later, girl decides to share said story on babe.net, keeping her identity private, getting paid but exposing intimate details about his sex life that all his friends and family can read
- babe.net doesn't even bother to capture his account or POV
- 1.5 years later, there is still segment of people associating Aziz with actual predators like Louis CK
I mean, he could of understandably gone the other way and been really angry about the whole situation. He took a balanced approach, found some leanings (be more aware and vigilant of non-verbal cues) and incorporated the reflection into his material.Eh....People playing this off as some Louise CK shit is micharacterising the situation.
Based on her account, it seem like he was 'pushy'. Sure. But we only read her perspective. For all intents and purposes, Aziz based on his account, didn't necessarily pick up on her cues. Can I or anyone else call bullshit on that? Not really, wasn't there. Is this behaviour worth reflection. Ofcourse. But let's not bullshit and call this sexual assault.